Flynn & Dagnoli Funeral Homes have been in continuous operation since 1928. Over the years our firm has evolved into three modern funeral home locations serving the Pittsfield and North Berkshire communities of Adams, North Adams, and Williamstown; their surrounding towns; and Southern Vermont.
In Pittsfield, Joseph Bencivenga founded the Bencivenga-DellaRocca Funeral Home on Fenn St. in 1928, later moving to our present location at 5 Elm St. Joe operated the funeral home until 1968, when Rinaldo and Donato Dagnoli purchased the funeral home, creating the Bencivenga-Dagnoli Funeral Home. Our location there has undergone several renovations so that today it is a completely modern, accessible funeral facility. By 2001, the firm was merged into its existing entity, Flynn & Dagnoli-Bencivenga Funeral Home.
In North Adams, we began as two funeral homes; Flynn & Roach Funeral Home, which was founded by Edward F. Flynn in 1928, began on Eagle St., later moving to Quincy St. Thomas C. Montagna founded the Montagna Home for Funerals, which began on State St., later moving to Marshall St. Over the years the two funeral homes operated separately in the city. In 1968, Donato and Rinaldo Dagnoli purchased Montagna Home for Funerals from the estate of Thomas C. Montagna, creating the Dagnoli-Montagna Home for Funerals. In 1969, Edward T.P. Flynn of Flynn&Roach merged with Donato and Rinaldo Dagnoli to form Flynn&Dagnoli-Montagna Home for Funerals at 74 Marshall St. in North Adams. Edward F. Flynn died in 1971 and Edward T.P. Flynn died in 1985. Nicholas N. Flynn now continues the legacy of service started by his father and grandfather. The company operated at 74 Marshall St. in North Adams for many years, eventually expanding to include the Flynn&Dagnoli-Montagna Home for Funerals West Chapels at 521 West Main St. in North Adams in 1990. That location was a Victorian home converted into a modern, spacious funeral facility to meet the greater needs of the firm. By 2007, the firm expanded again by consolidating the former Hopkins Funeral Home of Williamstown into our current locations.
Today, the third generation of family funeral directors continues the legacy of dedicated, thoughtful, caring service started by Joseph, Thomas, and Edward back in 1928.